This week McFarland is running a 20%  sale on all of its Underground titles including Secret Lives. Go to  (http://www.mcfarlandbooks.com/2015/02/weekly-deal-the-underground-railroad/),

Comments

Guylaine
02/12/2015 7:15pm

Hi Don,
Just received my copy and already I have found some really cool stuff. It's a keeper. Also, I like the very engaging way in which it is written, and I will recommend it for casual readers as well who want to understand the UGRR.

The first name I encountered in the notebook is Otway Tolliber, who came to Toronto.

I feel pretty sure that this is the same person as Ottawa Tolliver, who lived in Toronto until his death, who married a woman named Christina (possibly Randolph)

He had at least 2 brothers left in Richmond Va, and when he died he left a legacy to one brother and the widow of the other. His brothers were named Jefferson and Gloustecer Tolliver, excpet of course in Richmond Va, the name is spelled Taliaferro. I was able to find the brothers on various census.

it was neat to be able to find evidence of Ottawa's arrival in Toronto, and that he reconnected with his siblings after the Civil War.
Thanks

03/14/2015 2:02pm

I believe that this information will help us a lot with our problem

12/16/2016 6:08am

Thanks for this posting this. I'm a bookworm and I have a lot of book collections. I'm so interested in the subject of world history, so I told my friends and/or my relatives that if ever they will give me gifts, just give me encyclopedias. Now I know where I can go to buy cheap books. And now, I can suggest to them where to buy this Christmas.

09/12/2015 9:09am

This is a very great & impressive article for me by you.

01/01/2016 5:08am

MATLAB Assignment and Online Homework Help MATLAB Assignment Help The purpose of our tutorial service is to give a simple introduction to the mathematical applications MATLAB.

Cost Audit Auditing Homework Help, Online Auditing Assignment & Project Help DEFINITION Cost audit has been defined as "the verification of cost accounts and a check on adherence to the cost accounting plan."

01/01/2016 6:32am

VOLTAGE REGULATION Assignment and Online Homework Help & Project Help An ideal power supply maintains a constant voltage at its output terminals, no matter what current is drawn from it.

01/01/2016 6:58am

Get your finance homework help for assignments and projects from top finance writers. We are number 1 academic writing service when it comes to financial management assignments.

Graphing functions MathCad Help, MathCad Assignment & Homework Help, MathCad Project Help. Each trace on a graph depends on a range variable, and Mathcad graphs one point for each value in the range variable.

Linear Programming Stats Homework, assignment and Project Help, Linear Programming Assignment Help In accounting,Linear Programming (LP) is the statistical strategy to optimally allocating limited resources

What I didn’t realise was that he was just doing what everyone else in the mortgage business does – focus on the rate.

06/11/2016 3:28pm

He said yes immediate response is critical, but an armed citizen was no match for a terrorist with an AK.

07/23/2016 8:06am

These are in fact magnificent musings in about blogging. You have touched some extraordinary centers here. Any course keep up wrinting.It has been fundamentally enormously liberal with you to give straightforwardly what definitely various individuals would've promoted for an advanced book to end up profiting for their own specific end, basically given that you could have endeavored it in the event you required.

08/13/2016 2:12pm

Thanks for the share, great post! Let me share right back something that might be useful to you - right now ProXPN VPN has a huge summer sale and you can save a lot - 30 to 62% OFF on their plans, check them out if You'd like. Cheers!

01/27/2017 1:21am

The post or an information share on this blog is so informative or valuable for us..

06/19/2017 4:21pm